Using Yesterday to Build a Stronger Tomorrow
The Alternate Justice Center assists our community in the local administration of justice, in a culturally relevant fashion.
Our Centre relies on the support of the community, RCMP, the Criminal Justice System & Community Corrections. It is the intention of the Justice Centre to work with our clients in a meaningful way that incorporates ownership, consequences for actions, and innovative alternatives to mainstream justice. We also provide a variety of programs that meet the demands of the community. We assist with “Criminal” Courts & Law, Court Applications, Referrals to the Appropriate Agencies. And Help Individuals understand the Process of the Criminal Justice Systems or Court Orders. We also have Healing Circles, Cultural Awareness, Prevention Awareness, and Interventions.
- Respectful Relationship Program (RRP) is a one-on-one and couples program available on Tuesdays. Be sure to call to make an appointment.
- Substance Abuse Management is a one-on-one program available on Thursdays. Be sure to call to make an appointment.
Legal Aid Applications
- The Commission for Public Complaints Against the R.C.M.P.
- Pardon Information
- Victims Of Crime
- Legal Service Society-Criminal
- Justice Education Society-Criminal
- Justice Education Society-Family
- Gang Prevention
- Contact a Facility
- Contact a Community Correction Office
- Map of First Nations In Canada
Justice Center Coordinator
Karla Olinek, (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Shannon Rivard, (email@example.com)
Telephone: 250-996-0003 Fax:250-996-0054
Connie Morrisey, (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Toll Free: 1-877-811-1190 Ext. 325
Connie Morrisey is the Native Courtworker for Fort St. James. She will be at the Nak’azdli Alternative Justice Centre on Wednesday mornings from 9 am to noon for community members who wish to discuss Criminal Court charges they may have.
Connie cannot assist with Family Court matters but she can refer you to our Youth and Family Advocate located in Prince George. There are no charges for her services.
Street Address: 117 Greenview Drive
Postal Address: P.O. Box 67, Fort St James, B.C, V0J 1P0