The Objective of Nak’azdli Social Development is to assist persons on reserve to develop individual and family strengths necessary for people to thrive in today’s society through the delivery of the following programs.
Cultural Center Activities:
- Beading and Sewing, Tuesdays & Thursdays Lots of projects planned including aprons, vests, loom beading, and coin purses. Stop by and check out all of the activities.
- Soup and Bannock Mondays 11:00 am-1:00 pm
- Cooking Tuesdays 11:00 am-1:00 pm
- Dakelh Immersion with Elders Wednesdays 9:00 am-4:00 pm
Social Development Administration
Social Development Manager
250-996-7272 Ext 24
The Social Development Administrator manages and supervises delivery of Nak’azdli Band mandated social services and other social development programs which meet the needs of Nak’azdli residents and families. She assists in the development of community resources, capacities, and services designed to enhance the social functioning of the community and individuals living on reserve. The administrator is also the official designated authority in family court matters.
Nak’azdli’s Social Development Programs Include:
Social Support Services for Children and Families
- Establish inter-agency protocols.
- Provide referrals to prevention/intervention programs and services
Advocacy on behalf of Nak’azdli band members with:
- Outside funding agencies
- Ministry of Human Resources
- Ministry Children and Family Development
- Health Services
- Revenue Canada
Income Assistance Program
Income Assistance Intake Worker
250-996-7272 Ext 22
The Income Assistance Program provides financial benefits and services ti individuals and families on reserve who are in need. Social Assistance is NOT an income. It is a last resort option meant to temporarily assist people in need.
Applying for Income Assistance
- How to apply PDF
- Application for Social Assistance PDF
- Required Documents and Information Checklist PDF
- E.I. Consent to Release of Information PDF
- M.E.I.A. Consent to Release of Information PDF
- Housing Confirmation PDF
- Social Assistance Monthly Renewal Declaration PDF
Persons With Disabilities
P.W.D. benefits are issued to a client with a P.W.D. designation and can only be done in-house with the assistance of social development staff.
All employable income assistance recipients MUST attend pre-employment training. Nak’azdli Band, in conjunction with the College of New Caledonia, provide this training every Wednesday from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm at the learning hub in the Goodwin Building. We will most likely resume this program in the following September.
Family Care & Support Program
The purpose of the Family Care & Support Program is to deliver programs that promote the well-being of children and families.
250-996-7272 Ext 23
The Family Care/Support Worker works in partnership with families, and various community service workers and agencies to ensure children are safe and families receive support services as needed.
Family Support Worker
Nak’azdli Cultural Centre
The Nak’azdli Cultural Centre is an open space for community members to access various cultural events and workshop. Outside of program hours, the wellness centre is open to drop in for coffee, tea, snacks, public phone, we also have a computer available for use by community members.
Drop in anytime and check out what we’re doing on Facebook!
Coordinator hours are shifting to evenings and weekends but for now are 8 – 4 Tues,Wed, Fri, and 1 pm – 8 pm Mon and Thurs.